Monday, September 7, 2009

WHY I'M HERE

I'm here because when you're turning 60 years old you ought to do something decisive! So I've decided to become a blogger. Not to save the world but to talk about the world as I once knew it. Where children's liabilities were taken care of by simply saying: "I got to ask my Mama"...or "My Daddy say I cain't." These simple phrases made a kid seem on the brink of doing wrong and yet made it seem as though, those mean parents won't let me. Now, no kid dares to throw up their parents objections because parents of this day and age are considered stupid and uninformed while their children seem to rule the house. I'm glad I got to stay a kid a little bit longer than the ones today. I'm glad that I was afraid to try certain things and I had to ask permission before I ran off and did something stupid. Now kids do all sorts of things and the parents run around trying to figure out how to protect a generation who refuses to listen.
Of course this is not every child. And thank God for the ones who respect and love their parents. For the ones who are happy to remain "in their place" a little while longer.
Of course I talk this way. I'm nearly 60! Like the old folks before me, I shake my head and say:"It ain't like it was!"
And sometimes I say: "Thank God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment